Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ohio Adventure

I don't even know where to begin. We are essentially "The Clampets". Our first trip with just the family has definitley been a memorable one. So far we have left the laptop/briefcase on the side of the road in front of Wes's office (my fault) and didn't realize it until about 3 hours into our trip. Then the search began to locate it because it wasn't by the side of the road when Wes's dad went by. Fortunately, someone who works in the offices below Wes's office picked up the laptop. We didn't figure this out until about 10 phone calls to different people Wes works in search for the briefcase. So 97 dollars later the laptop has finally made it to Ohio and is resting in my lap! YAY.

Same day (Sunday), once we settled in the hotel Wes goes to pick-up dinner and leaves his wallet on the counter at the restaurant. Luckily, when he went back to pick-up our orders they had it for him behind the counter.

Then on Monday, Presley cuts teeth and is very unhappy. I think she cried for 2 1/2 hours straight. I'm sure everyone heard her in the hotel. It broke my heart. However, her teeth look adorable. I rounded out my Monday with getting lost. Somehow I managed to get turned around in Columbus and before you know it I am heading toward Cleveland in the pouring rain. Finally, after an hour I was able to make my way back to the hotel. Not knowing where you are is a scary feeling.

We checked out of the hotel on Thursday and headed toward THE Ohio State University and had lunch. We ate at Pot Bellys! Very good. However, since we were on a roll with our Ohio adventure we were not surprised at all to recieve a ticket for "No Stopping". There was a "no parking" sign where we parked but it was only for specific hours which we did not fall under. However, underneath that sign was a "No Stopping" sign. What in the world does that mean and why would you put that underneath a No Parking sign. We were in the clear to park there according to the "No Parking" sign hours but I guess "No Stopping" means "No Parking" at all. There is a picture below of the sign. Confusing.



Thursday evening we ended up at Wes's Uncle Chip & Aunt Debbie's house. We had a great time and enjoyed some wonderful Graeter's Ice Cream. Yum!!!
Thanks to both Aunt Michele and Uncle Bob and Aunt Debbie and Uncle Chip for all your hospitality. Presley enjoyed seeing her extended family.
Our trip has been nothing short of an adventure. :) It definitley gives us something to laugh about.

1 comment:

Aunt Tam said...

Hahahaha! Oh my, I hadn't laughed that hard in a while! Wow, what a trip! Glad you all are having a good time, and are able to laugh at yourselves (well, at Wes mostly!). Sorry we won't get to see you next weekend. But maybe a good thing; me and Wes together, we might lose Miss Presley! Love you all! Aunt Tam