Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Flying Mommy and Rylee

So yesterday afternoon was eventful. Rylee has been dealing with a really bad diaper rash. I can't quite tell if it is from teething or maybe another ear infection. Anyway after waking up for her nap I was letting her run around upstairs without her diaper to let the rash air out. At some point she decided that she was thirsty and found her water. My first thought was to put a diaper on my child before she pottys on the floor. So I scooped her up and headed for her room. Well....apparently the girls had gotten all the toys out of Rylee's closest and one of them being the ball popper machine. I didn't even see it when I entered the doorway of her room. I somehow managed to place my foot in between the machine and went flying across the room with Rylee in my arms and the dang toy still attached to my foot. Within 3 seconds I thought "don't let go of the baby, don't fall on my baby and somehow I have got to stop myself from propelling into the window across the room. So when the foot without the toy found a little baring I threw my knee down in hopes to just fall on it and stop. O but no....we had picked up so much speed from falling that I was now skidding on my knee across the room. Can we say carpet burn!!! Finally I had to let one of my hands let go of Rylee in attempts to catch the upper half of my body before I came tumbling down on my belly. Well it worked but when my hand left Rylee's head her head flung back and hit a farmhouse toy. She was not happy in the slightest. For the price of one sweet carpet burn Rylee and baby are ok. Looking back it was really hilarious. My foot got caught in the weirdest way imaginable. What an afternoon!!

No comments: